Strong search engine optimized copy can drive traffic to your site and increase your ranking. As anyone conscious of search engine optimization knows, content is king. Content consisting of strong SEO copywriting can make all the difference in your ranking on search engines and your Google PageRank.
It all begins and ends with content. If you have timely, well-written, valuable content on your site, people will visit it, and re-visit it, and link to it, and tell other about it. These back links, or inbound links, measure favorably with search engines.
As search engine spiders index the web, they will follow these links back to your page. Every time they do, the page is ranked for content. As the search engines’ belief in the value of your site grows your PageRank will increase and so will the placement of these pages on the SERP.
So what about SEO? Where does Search Engine Optimization come in?
In order for people to read your well-written, valuable content, they need to initially find it. Search Engine Optimization is the art of making your site appear in search engine results. The strategies and tactics used to accomplish this make up SEO. Search Engine Optimization copywriting makes sure that the content of your site encourages search engines to consider it relevant to keyword searches.
Creating content with an eye to SEO should take several factors into consideration. You can have the best possible site about a topic on line, but if no one finds it, it does no good. Keep in mind things like keyword density and the long tail search can help your content be crawled by Search Engines and found by browsers.
Keywords are the central themes of your web page. When people are searching for something on the Internet, they type in certain keywords. A short-tail is a keyword like Ford and a short-tail phrase might be “used cars Toronto” If your web site has those keywords, and the search engine considers it relevant, you may show up in the search results. Featuring these keywords in your content should remain in the 3% to 5% range of total word count but AVOID keyword stuffing at all costs! Too little and your page may not be considered relevant to the keyword. Too much (stuffing!) and your site may be thought to just be spamming the keyword.
But don’t think that having the most popular keywords will be enough to drive traffic. Only about 20% of searches are actually on those highly popular, well paying keywords. The other 80% of searches are on lesser popular keywords. This is known as the long tail of search. By making your site Search Engine Optimized for lower competition keywords, you increase your chances of being found when people refine their searches using long tails. As an example, a long tail phrase might be “2013 Top 10 Fuel efficient vehicles for sale in Canada”
Search Engine Optimization copywriting can drive traffic to your site and improve your page ranking by providing the right mix of keyword density and determining the proper keywords. Providing relevant and valuable content, SEO copywriting can make your on line marketing strategies a success.